Sunday, July 30th Toronto, ON
It’s time to sign up for TransportationCamp Toronto!
Join hundreds of innovative and interesting thinkers and doers to talk about the future of transportation at TransportationCamp in Toronto brought to you by the Institute of Transportation Engineers and Young Professionals in Transportation.
This unconference is about connecting all types of transportation professionals and giving each of you an opportunity to voice your outlook, ideas and opinions on how we all can work together to create better communities and positively affect the quality of life for millions of people.
Registration is Open and the fee is $35 USD/$45 CAD. TransporationCamp will kick-off the the Joint ITE/CITE Annual Meeting & Exhibit. Attendees can add TransportationCamp to their Annual Meeting registration or, if they prefer, individuals can sign up and attend only TransportationCamp Toronto.
We will be at the Sheraton Centre Toronto, 23 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2M9, Canada.
- For US registratants: Click here.
- For Canadian registrants only attending TransportationCamp: Click here.
8:30 - 9:00 am – Registration
- 9:00 - 10:00 am - Welcoming remarks, introductions and topic submissions
- 10:00 - 11:00 am – First session
- 11:00 - 12:00 pm – Second session
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm – Third Session
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm – Fourth Session
- 3:00 pm – Interactive event
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm – The Joint ITE/CITE Opening Reception
What is an unconference?
This is not a traditional conference. The session topics and activities are suggested by the attendees. TransportationCamp provides an opportunity for every attendee to be a participant in shaping and leading the event. Be prepared to get involved and meet people. Major themes reflect the backgrounds and interests of the participants.
How to propose a session
Show up at TransportationCamp with your session in mind. Head to the board (you can’t miss it), grab a piece of paper, and describe your session. Don’t be shy about it! You are interesting and your work is compelling and people will want to hear what you have to share. Your note must include:
- Session title
- Your name
- What kind of session it is (presentation, brainstorm, Q&A, demos, hacking…)
- More info about the session—will it be technical? Are you open to co-presenting?
Please note that there will not be any access to projectors or smartboards for presenters.
Making the most of your unconference day
Unconference sessions have a lot of energy, and flexibility. Here are some tips:
- Remember the Rule of Two Feet: you’re free to walk out, and find a session that fits you better. Don’t stay in a session that doesn’t work for you, move to another session that needs your contributions.
- Speak up: if a session needs help, provide it. Feel free to give reminders about time or topic focus.
- Do it yourself! If you want a session to be different, maybe more technical, or more policy focused, suggest it! Other people might feel the same way, and you’ll help to sharpen the focus for everyone.
- Good stuff happens in the corridors too. Unscheduled, informal corridor conversations are great for continuing off-shoots from sessions.
Contact Colleen Agan at email@example.com.
TranportationCamp Toronto is being hosted by ITE, ITE Toronto, and YPT Toronto in partnership with Mobility Lab.